Rendezvous on the Spokane
Area 10 Handbell Conference – 2023
June 16 – 18
CenterPlace Regional Event Center, Spokane Valley, Washington
After meeting virtually for the 2021 AREA Conference “AREA 10 Goes Globell” we can meet again IN PERSON in June 2023. Rally your Choirs, friends, and family as we are together again and “Rendezvous on the Spokane”. Begin your 2022-2023 ringing year by checking out the Conference Repertoire list and maybe programing some into your ringing year, prepping for June 2023.
Did you know that during the fur trading era, a Fur Trading post was established in 1810 on the Spokane River near where Spokane is now located. Traders would come with their furs and Rendezvous with the Voyageurs that moved the furs east. We are now Rendezvousing after a long 4 years, meeting up again with friends in the bell community.
Registration will open January 15, 2023, with an Early Bird deadline of March 31, 2023.
Membership in Handbell Musicians of America is required for all participants. The membership requirement can be met by any of 3 conditions:
- Participant has an individual membership, or
- Participant is a regular member of a choir that has a membership, or
- Participant is a regular member of a choir that is affiliated with a full member of HMA (typically the director).
Early Bird Registration Ends March 31
Reunite with your Handbell Family and Friends!
- There will be Two Ringing Divisions COPPERS MINUS L2-L2+ and COPPERS PLUS L3 to L4 directed by Brenda Austin
- A Bronze Conference Choir (BCC) directed by Marquise Usher (Participation by application)
- Massed Ringing with conducting duties shared by Brenda and Marquise
- A line-up of Workshops to help you develop your ringing skills and musicality along with a READ and RING of new repertoire
- Scholarships are available
Opening Bell and Ceremony is on Friday Night, June 16th. The opening concert will feature BellCristo of Spokane AND AREA 10 Showcase Concert.
We are Inviting any and All Handbell Soloists, Ensembles, or Choirs that would like to participate in the Showcase Concert on Friday, June 16th to contact Diane Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay tuned for additional details.
Click below for:
Deadlines and Important Dates
- Early Bird Registration Fees: March 31, 2023
- Bronze Conference Choir Application: March 31, 2023
- Bronze Conference Choir Assignment Notifications: April 15, 2023
- Scholarship Application: May 15, 2023
- Scholarship Notifications: June 1, 2023
- Payment of Registration Fees: May 15, 2023
- Before March 31, 2023: Full refund of registration fees
- After March 31 before April 30: 75% refund
- After April 30 before May 31: 50% refund
- After May 31: NO REFUND
For more information contact Diane Barnes, Events Chair at email@example.com